Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Leads the direction, strategy and planning on execution of key initiatives and portfolio work as a key player in Business Testing / Quality Assurance Practices in the execution of strategic initiatives from a Business testing perspective. This individual is accountable for maintaining best practices for Business testing across applications and strategic projects / portfolios within Business Insurance. Successful candidate collaborates and partners with business customers, Application Development, Business Analysts, Product owners and the Program leadership teams / communities in reviewing business requirements and design considerations to develop and oversee the Business Testing / Quality assignments. The User Acceptance Testing / Business Quality Assurance Program Lead (UAT / BQA Program Lead) will work closely with the Project Test Lead / Portfolio Leadership to provide Release level UAT support when proposed solutions or changes are complex and/or tightly coupled that have a direct impact on the End User. In addition to the UAT, this successful candidate works as an E2E workflow advocate / consultant and will partner with business customers, Application Development, Product owners, Business Analysts and the various portfolios to ensure activities reflect true reality of the policy lifecycle according to BI Users. This individuals spends time reviewing business requirements and design considerations to develop and oversee QA activities and practices.
Leads assigned staff to implement and/or maintain systems and/or assigned project(s). Defined scope of responsibility as defined by such things as span of control, # of systems/projects, and/or complexity of systems/projects. Communicates with key stakeholders on project/system updates. Provides conceptual understanding and technical direction on projects and system support.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads assigned team to implement and/or maintain systems and/or assigned project(s).
- Acts as a team leader to assist management in accomplishing the operational plan while staying within budget.
- Provides development recommendations and develops a partnership with the business department.
- Manages the day-to-day work of small number of direct reports.
- Responsible for providing consistent performance feedback/coaching and completing formal performance reviews for direct reports.
- Provides performance feedback to management on the rest of team members. Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of technology or business related experience preferred.
- Experience managing and influencing others preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of application languages and structured analysis methodologies. Demonstrates solid understanding of business functions. Demonstrates thorough understanding of job expectations of junior team members within the work queue.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership: Works with the business partner to establish business specifications/needs. Communicates with team and business partner(s) as changes occur. Demonstrates attitude of willingness, cooperation and concern for business issues.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Solves operational problems with minimal input from superior. Differentiates between problems and symptoms. Elevates significant problems quickly and clearly. Understands the impact of changes to the system environment.
- Team Orientation: Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
- Leadership: Assists management in the support of one or more parts of a business unit/function. Demonstrates discretion in handling confidential data related to the system.
- Planning and Project Management: Plans, organizes and completes tasks in a timely, effective manner. Provides resource estimation for tasks planned. Works with management to determine overall priorities. Knowledge of Agile methodology and ability to apply them to projects.
- Financial Awareness: Provides assistance in developing and administering unit budget. Ensures system/project status reports are completed. Exercises appropriate cost control.
- Human Resource Management: Provides feedback and coaching to staff and management regarding individual's performance in a confidential setting. Works with management to establish training development plans. Demonstrates leadership ability. Developing an effective and productive management style. Demonstrates a capacity to recognize, value and respect differences across a diverse work force.
- Work Schedules Weekend work hours (Occasionally)
- Other Travel (Occasionally)
- Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
- Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Licensing or Certificates
- Depend on the specific role but some examples may include; ITIL Kanban/Agile/SAFe (Suggested)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE