Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Provides operational and business test support for computer systems used by the business centers and agents. Responsible for the assessment of the system change specifications and requirements walk-through analysis. Responsible for the development and implementation of the system test plan(s) adhering to established procedures. Completes all tasks according to the project calendar. Understands the escalation process for approval of the test plan/calendar and for communicating testing discrepancies. Assist team members as needed.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the business unit supported, develops detailed test plans and calendar.
- Executes test plans and identifies and documents discrepancies found.
- Reviews test results through advanced ability to accurately assess output results against expected results.
- Resolves discrepancies with technical personnel and retests as required.
- Communicates test status with business unit soliciting changes and/or feedback and updating test plan as appropriate.
One year of Technology or Business Testing experience required. High school diploma or equivalent required. .
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
- 3 years of Technology, Business Testing, or Quality Assurance experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates advanced knowledge of business applications and processes. Has an advanced knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow, and a solid understanding of the corporate and departmental information system strategies. Is proficient in the use of workstation applications related to the testing function. Where appropriate maintains a thorough knowledge of business trends.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership: Effectively contributes to, and communicates with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers, through a collaborative style. Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations. Able to handle several priority projects at once.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates the ability to evaluate test results and resolve input problems. Communicates test results to applicable ISD units in a clear and comprehensive manner to aid in resolution. Recognizes and analyzes problems with average complexity. Considers a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical solution.
- Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
- Leadership: Designs and tests systems, and/or system changes to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity, and maintainability. Communicates with business units when appropriate, utilizing advanced written or oral skills in order to maintain system and/or product credibility.
- Planning and Project Management: Able to coordinate testing activities with other teams within ISD and business unit. Has latitude for setting priorities and making decisions by using the general guidelines established by management. Provides management with necessary time reporting information as required. Completes multiple tasks in time allocated.
- Financial Awareness: Designs and tests systems and/or system changes accurately to maintain and/or reduce operating costs for the company. Analyzes business trends, when appropriate, to enable the company to operate in a cost effective manner. Identifies, designs and tests systems, and/or system changes to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity, and maintainability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE