- As a Service Truck Operator, you will be required to perform road service calls (jump starts, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, battery sales and installations, tire repairs, locking log nut removals, lockouts, and tows) using a van, pick-up truck, wheel lift, or flatbed tow truck. You will switch between trucks as needed and will most likely not use the same truck on a permanent basis.
You will be required to work during inclement weather -this includes rain, snow, sleet, wind, extreme heat, and extreme cold. The Fleet operates a 24 hour 7 days a week schedule you must be able to work this unless you receive a written variance at your interview.
- Your duties will not necessarily be confined to a single one of our fleet locations unless it is decided by the department manager before you are hired. No matter the location, you will be required to perform road service calls in all cities in Hampton Roads, specific to the daily assigned fleet location, as decided by the dispatcher.
- Scheduling will be adjusted as fit by the supervisor or manager. As a service truck operator, you may be required to work different shifts, possibly in the same work-week, and possibly at different locations.
Mandatory overtime may be required as needed. You will be expected to adjust your work schedule to cover other employees leave time as necessary.
- All service truck operators are required to maintain the professional image and customer service levels of AAA. You will be responsible for keeping your truck clean, coming to work in full uniform with your shirt tucked in, following all safety guidelines and utilizing provided safety equipment, and offering the best possible customer service as outlined by AAA guidelines.
- You will be responsible for completing all required paperwork every day which includes daily log sheets, truck check sheets, deposit envelopes, and sales invoices.
- You will be collecting money (or checks and credit cards). You will be responsible for turning in all money at the end of your shift. During your shift, you are responsible for all cash, checks and credit card information.
- You will be utilizing a cell phone in a professional and courteous manner.
- You will be required to perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by a supervisor or manager. These duties may be outside of the normal realm of a service truck operator, depending on the circumstances.
- This position requires some mechanical aptitude/knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned
QualificationsREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Member Relations & Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to understand and meet members' needs and expectations. Must use good interpersonal skills in solving members' problems and build positive relationships with them. 2. Communication Skills
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, understandable, and professional manner. 3. Problem Solving & Resource Allocation -
Must be able to analyze information, identify alternatives and make sound, logical decisions. Must also ensure that available resources are maximized. 4. Teamwork & Cooperation -
Must be able to build smooth, cooperative working relationships, assisting other team members when possible. 5. Time Management & Multi-tasking -
Must be able to perform multiple tasks and use time efficiently. Must be able to effectively deal with time pressure and cope with negative emotions from members and /or contractors. 6. Flexibility & Adaptability -
Must be able to adapt to change and be flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs of different situations. 7. Promoting AAA Products and Services -
Must be able to recommend and promote AAA products and services. 8. Driving Ability -
Must have a clean driving record, with no record of accidents or traffic violations.Road Service Skills & Knowledge -
Must have a good knowledge of light service procedures; Must be able to change tires, perform jump starts, handle lockouts, and perform other related emergency road service procedures.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE