Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication. Together, we make a difference.
AAA is a strong and vibrant member service organization, providing automotive, travel, insurance and financial products/services to millions of members for more than 100 years. AAA's reputation and stability, along with new and exciting innovations, attract dedicated individuals with the talent, drive, technical and customer service skills needed to grow and expand our membership.
We currently have a temporary, part-timeTravel Agency Internship opportunity available in our Fern Valley Branch Office located at 3614 Fern Valley in Louisville, Kentucky for individuals who understand the meaning of Providing Legendary Customer Service and are committed to creating Members for Life!
Candidates must be available to work 20.00 hours per week during the business hours of Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. This position pays $10.40 per hour. Outline:
The intern will begin to learn from shadowing and completing tasks as requested by the Travel Agents in the branch. A pamphlet will be given to the intern including reading on the main components of the Travel Agency and outlining the expectations.
Month 1 - Learn the Basics of the AAA Travel Agency
- Policies, Procedures and Forms will all be learned by reviewing the AAA East Central Intranet with the Manager or an available Travel Agent.
- As the intern shadows and receives instruction from the Travel Agents they will become familiar with building the client file, processing payments and communications with vendor for special requests etc.
- Month 1 expectations: The intern should have a basic understanding of policies/procedures, be familiar with travel forms, build client files, make payments and be familiar with vendors.
Month 2 - Learn How to Utilize Cruise and Tour Booking Engines/ Create Apollo Invoices
- The reading on Cruise and Tour in the pamphlet should be complete the first week of 'Month 2'.
- The intern will work on vendor websites as requested by Travel Agents performing small tasks until the Travel Agents are confident in the intern's abilities.
- As the intern continues to shadow the Travel Agents, he/she will become familiar with and start to invoice cruise & tour bookings under the Travel Agent's supervision.
- Month 2 expectations: The intern should be utilizing all components learned in 'Month 1' along with utilizing vendor websites and invoicing cruise and tour in Apollo.
Month 3 - Work on Air, Car and Hotel Reservations in Apollo
- The reading on Air, Car and Hotel should be complete the first week of, 'Month 3'.
- The intern will work with the Travel Agents assigning seats for air reservations, making requests, cancelling car and hotel reservations. Depending on the intern's progress possibly even confirming air, car or hotel reservations in Apollo.
- Month 3 expectations: The intern should be continuing to utilize the skills learned in the previous months along with working on possibly confirming Apollo on air, car and hotel reservations.
Month 4 - Fully Assist the Travel Agents
- Month 4 expectations: The intern should be able to perform most duties required by a Travel Agent learned in the first 3 months. Including but not limited to, working with members and/or the Travel Agent in order to confirm bookings, fulfill special requests, process payments, invoice and build files.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills;
- Must possess general math aptitude;
- Experience with airline reservation systems and/or travel school preferred;
- Ability to enter data on automated computer system with speed and accuracy;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Must be available to work within the posted hours.
The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete background and drug screenings.
Our collaborative work environment is focused on creating a Legendary Customer Service experience--one which will take us through our second century of fulfilling our members needs whenever and however we can.
Apply directly online at: www.aaa.com/apply
Equal Opportunity Employee
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE