is a strong and vibrant member service organization, providing automotive, travel, insurance, and financial products and services to millions of members for over 100 years. AAA's
reputation and stability, along with new and exciting innovations, are a result of the career-minded, service-driven professionals on our team. AAA East Central
is an affiliate of the national AAA
network with offices across the U.S.AAA East Central
is looking for an energetic, driven,
individual to join our team and provide Legendary Service as a full-time Travel Agent Intern
at our East Liberty
travel reservation center. The candidate should be available full-time (37.5 hrs/wk)
between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8:30am-5pm on Saturdays. The internship is paid at $10.40/hr.
* The intern will begin to learn from shadowing and completing tasks as requested by the Travel Agents in the branch. A pamphlet will be given to the intern including reading on the main components of the Travel Agency and outlining the expectations.
* Month 1- Learn the Basics of the AAA Travel Agency
o Policies, Procedures and Forms will all be learned by reviewing the AAA East Central Intranet with the Manager or an available Travel Agent.
o As the intern shadows and receives instruction from the Travel Agents they will become familiar with building the client file, processing payments and communications with vendor for special requests etc.
o Month 1 expectations: the intern should have a basic understanding of policies/procedures, be familiar with travel forms, build client files, make payments and be familiar with vendors.
* Month 2- Learn How to Utilize Cruise and Tour Booking Engines/ Create Apollo Invoices
o The reading on Cruise and Tour in the pamphlet should be complete the first week of 'Month 2'.
o The intern will work on vendor websites as requested by Travel Agents performing small tasks until the Travel Agents are confident in the intern's abilities.
o As the intern continues to shadow the Travel Agents, he/she will become familiar with and start to invoice cruise & tour bookings under the Travel Agents supervision.
o Month 2 expectations: the intern should be utilizing all components learned in 'Month 1' along with utilizing vendor websites and invoicing cruise and tour in Apollo.
* Month 3- Work on Air, Car and Hotel Reservations in Apollo
o The reading on Air, Car and Hotel should be complete the first week of, 'Month 3'.
o The intern will work with the Travel Agents assigning seats for air reservations, making requests, cancelling car and hotel reservations. Depending on the interns progress possibly even confirming air, car or hotel reservations in Apollo.
o Month 3 expectations: the intern should be continuing to utilize the skills learned in the previous months along with working on possibly confirming Apollo on air, car and hotel reservations.
* Month 4- Fully Assist the Travel Agents
o Month 4 expectations: The intern should be able to perform most duties required by a Travel Agent learned in the first 3 months. Including but not limited to, working with members and/or the Travel Agent in order to confirm bookings, fulfill special requests, process payments, invoice and build files.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills
- Must possess general math aptitude
- Experience with airline reservation systems and/or travel school preferred
- Ability to enter data on automated computer system with speed and accuracy
- Strong PC & Internet skills
- The selected candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE