Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Sr. Software Developer will be the technical thought leader for PIBT Intelligent Automation (IA) technologies. The candidate should have experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Analytics and Search technologies, vendors, platforms, APIs, microservices, enterprise architecture and security architecture.
The candidate should also be comfortable working in a fast paced, evolutionary environment and be a self-starter. The role will be responsible for the evaluation of AI, Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Search technologies, and the development of prototype and demo systems. The role will be responsible for leading multi-disciplinary development teams from LOBs, IT and vendors, in the delivery of applications.
Drive innovation in data science through discovering and/or developing new statistical, machine learning, and AI capabilities. Develop new, creative statistical modeling methodologies to increase model accuracy and/or process efficiency. Support the development of others to learn and leverage new modeling tools and approaches. Actively influence and engage with the broader analytics community across the enterprise.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- As a leader in PIBT IA & Emerging Technology practices, this position has primary responsibility for driving and fostering new and evolving statistical techniques and computational capabilities (discover, incubate, innovate).
- Responsibilities may include: Leading efforts in Artificial Intelligence (AI) with emphasis on text, speech and image analytics.
- Development of new, creative statistical modeling methodologies to increase model accuracy and/or process efficiency.
- Assessment and recommendation of new technology (software, hardware, packages, etc.).
- Exploration of emerging technology trends with potential data and analytics applicability to our business.
- Training and development of others to learn and leverage new modeling tools and approaches.
- Active influence and engagement with the broader analytics community across the enterprise.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners. Direct the development of new approaches to business problems.
- Partner with peers across the enterprise to ensure consistency and alignment.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- PhD STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree with 4 years of experience or Masters STEM degree with 7 years of experience or Bachelor's STEM degree with 9 years of experience required.
- Advanced working knowledge of modeling/research/analytics or actuarial required.
- Relevant statistical analysis work experience required.
- Relevant work experience in directing and performing research and/or advanced analytic work (e.g. predictive modeling) in the insurance industry preferred.
- Ability to develop or direct the development of advanced programs.
- Strong problem solving & decision making skills.
- Drives for results.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation.
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to lead self & others.
- Influences others.
- Superior communication (oral/written).
- Effective presentation skills.
- Collaborates and builds relationships across the enterprise.
- Possess knowledge of key business areas (e.g. product, enterprise, industry, processes).
- Ability to develop or direct the development of advanced models and interpret model results.
- Understands advanced statistics underlying data models.
- Ability to apply or direct the application of new statistical procedures.
- Strong knowledge of database principles, data profiling, statistics and insurance-related data modeling and can apply this knowledge in the most complex situations.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Automation Anywhere (AA)
- Python Flask
- Cloud Architecture
- Blue Prism (not required)
Requires weekend work hours. Requires overnight work hours. Requires holiday work hours (Federal and religious). Requires extended periods (1 or more weeks) of travel as needed. Requires travel up to 5% of time.- As needed
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE