- Commission Only-Full or Part Time
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Additional Requirements for this position:
- 5 to 10 years experience required.
Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Inspects, estimates, evaluates, negotiates and reports property claims, involving work both inside and outside the office.
Managed by the branch manager, or in the absence of a branch manager, the district manager.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; prior property claims adjusting experience required; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; evidence of current adjuster licensure or clear plan to achieve licensure within 90 days of employment required; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required. Ability to complete all tasks necessary for proper inspection of interior and/or exterior of commercial or residential property as required.
Proficiency in Xactimate is required. Symbility experience is also desired.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with branch manager, other adjusters, and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle field activities outside the office including inspections, preparing diagrams and taking photographs.
- Prepare timely, clear and concise reports to clients in the client’s preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client’s needs are being met.
- Analyze and evaluate special damages including reserves, property estimates, personal property inventories, business interruption, etc.
- Prepare estimates, inventories and summaries of special damages as needed.
- Negotiate and conclude claims, as requested.
- Analyze insurance coverage issues on specific claims and make recommendations to the client.
- Participate in marketing activities as required.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.