Business Development Manager
- Full Time
- Midwest- MI, OH, IN, KY, WV
Additional Requirements for this position:
- Must reside within Territory boundaries. Bachelor Degree Preferred, preferred 2-5 years independent or company field adjusting experience and 2 plus years of related sales experience. Overnight travel required. Must be able to drive automobile and travel by plane as necessary. Proven success in driving annual sales volume which exceed revenue goals. Independent work environment and must be able to plan, schedule, and implement time management required for position. Salary plus bonus, company vehicle, laptop, cellphone provided.
Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Has authority to work out procedural guidelines on accounts with approval from Division Business Development Manager. Must obtain approval on pricing proposal or agreements from Division Business Development Manager before offering to a client or prospective client.
Direct reporting and management by the Division Business Development Manager on a daily basis.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred. Industry related coursework helpful. Two years of related sales experience. Broad understanding of independent adjusting operations. Proven presentation, written, verbal and overall communication skills. Efficient in identifying opportunities to improve client relationships and accounts through consultative account planning and selling. Good understanding and ability to prepare and present formal and informal presentations. Proven leadership skills in working with senior level management. Proven success in driving annual sales volume which exceeds revenue goals. Overnight travel is required within sales territory. Independent work environment and must be able to plan, schedule, and implement time management required for position.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile and travel by plane when necessary. Location is home based with possible exceptions to work from branch location.
Contact with Others
Actively meet and effectively communicate with District and Regional Operations Managers. Outside contact with clients and tradespersons is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for new business development and client maintenance within assigned territory.
- Prepare and present formal and informal presentations.
- Engage in all forms of direct prospecting to create new opportunities within existing client base and potential client base.
- Pro-active approach in bringing new ideas and solutions to clients.
- Effectively work with District and Regional Operations Management in development of assigned territory.
- Effectively work with District and Regional Operations Management to resolve client issues.
- Effectively work with Business Development Manager in the planning, development, and implementation of the business development program.
- Daily sales activities, including sales calls, marketing, events, conferences and tradeshows.
- Complete Marketing call reports on a timely basis, provide a monthly marketing summary report to discuss sales calls made throughout the month to include potential opportunities, sales
- successes both with existing client base and potential clients, etc.
- Maintain accurate sales pipelines and diary with detailed follow-up business plan.
- Develop a prospective client file for each prospect with potential future revenue streams.
- Routinely attend industry related conventions, outings and events.
- Visit all notable clients within sales territory every quarter.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No forms of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.