Sr. Manager Channel Partner Sales and Marketing Allstate Financial
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Financial is investing in and focusing on our life and retirement business as never before. Our agents are expanding their expertise to act as trusted advisors to our customers - providing a much more consultative approach to insurance. With 16MM+ policy holders who already value Allstate's brand and products, we must only more fully meet the needs of our own customers to be successful.
The Allstate Financial Business Development Team is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with our top partner channel providers to optimize the Allstate Life and Retirement program. These efforts ensure that meaningful solutions are offered to our customers through our broker networks.
The Sr. Manager Channel Partnership Allstate Financial is responsible for managing interactions with both key strategic partners and prospective partners including influencing sales through education and support of the Agency Force.
- Maintains ongoing dialogue with key stakeholders to identify product/program capacity needs and opportunities
- Leverages industry research and industry contacts to identify carriers that are a good strategic fit for Allstate Financial business model and product/program capacity needs
- Engages prospective carrier partners and senior leaders in appropriate due diligence conversations
- Leads contract and compensation negotiations with prospective carrier partners
- Leads other strategic inquiries by other functions of Allstate (i.e. claims, underwriting, etc.).
- Leads strategic issues identification and assessment.
- Participates in annual strategic and/or operating planning process.
- Drives business intelligence, competitive tracking, benchmarking, acquisition and alliance analysis.
- Proactively monitors extent to which current partners are meeting Allstate expectations for production, product availability, and service (both agent- and customer-facing service)
- Identifies and recommends steps to remediate any emerging issues relative to production, product availability, and service (both agent- and customer-facing service)
- Provides proactive communication to appropriate team members regarding relationship trends relative to production, product availability, and service (both agent- and customer-facing service), or other emerging issues
- Supports monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly phone calls with carriers meeting frequency demonstrative of the carriers strategic importance
- Identifies and recommends steps to optimize partner value and present recommendations to senior leadership.
- Oversees execution of approved recommendations
- Maintains the carrier agreements (contract) with each partner.
- Ensures appropriate approvals are received prior to launch
- Works with appropriate business and technology leaders to coordinate launch
- 10+ years business development experience in life, retirement or other related financial services industry
- Ability to develop strategies
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Advanced understanding of insurance operations and understanding of insurance company financials
- Advanced understanding of financial services marketplace trends influencing capacity, economics, and distribution
- Ability to intelligently prioritize day-to-day tasks to focus on those that are most critical.
- Ability to manage complex relationship dynamics
- Strong presentation skills relaying highly complex information to various audiences.
- High level of comfort dealing with ambiguity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.