Inside Property Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Inside Property Adjuster in Woodridge, IL!
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic property or liability insurance claims. This individual may or may not handle losses that do not require an outside adjuster's inspection and works with clients. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. This individual is expected to be gaining experience in providing compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual is also gaining experience in meeting band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Investigation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex coverage/policy information
- May complete errors and omissions coverage investigation
- Assists in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
- Reviews/approves repair estimate
- Organizes and reconciles bills
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles contents inventories and moderately complex contents pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
- Handles claims that include Public Adjuster or attorney involvement
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Litigation (when applicable)
- Refers, receives and reviews legal opinion on exposure on files
- Manages moderately complex claim files in litigation, including managing cases in mediation or arbitration (non-subrogation), negotiating out-of-court settlements on files in litigation, and reviewing defense attorney letters, litigation plans and strategy
- Manages claim file legal expense
- Assists in researching or responding to or resolving moderately complex compliance issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Project and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- Conducts subrogation investigations
Trainig: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Regular Shift: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. with an occasional Saturday accompanied with a floating off day
- HS Diploma / GED required with 3-5 years of property estimating experience preferred
- Prior use of Xactimate or any other estimating programs a plus
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.