Underwriting Transformation Sr Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
NOTE: This position can be based in Northbrook, IL or Hudson, OH
Job Family Summary
The Underwriting Transformation Team is responsible for collaborating with internal and external business partners to ensure the most efficient and effective processes and tools are operating as designed while working towards continual improvement. The team is also responsible for analytics, ad-hoc requests, implementation, analyzing and communicating metrics, project management and vendor relationships.
The Underwriting Transformation Sr Consultant II will support functional and technical strategies, analyze internal and external partner relationships while evaluating processes to identify new efforts for innovation and improvement. They will serve as support to their assigned tool, process and/or vendor for teams across Product Operations providing resources for actionable results.
- Supports ownership of internal and external business partner relationships
- Identifies opportunities and supports the development of educational programs for Underwriting Tools and Processes
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on objectives
- Researches, analyzes and interprets data to identify opportunities to impact growth and profit
- Liaison between business unit and systems or other areas of responsibility as required based assigned projects
- Trains / coaches team members or peers and actively shares expertise with other disciplines
- Vendor/Project Management
- Supports the development / design of new plans, programs, processes, products up to moderate complexity
- Participates in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives and communicates to leadership to gain alignment
- Tracks plan performance
- Supports the team by providing analytics and reporting, which includes generating and formatting reports that other team members would need to analyze vendor performance
- Participates in development of communication strategies: presents communications that support strategies, new plans, programs, processes and tools
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project, and follows up as necessary
- Assists in determining where additional resources / expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects / assignments
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Provides recommendations for potential next steps/actions for the team
- Provides expertise on systems or applications as needed by a department / discipline
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development within their respective disciplines
- Processes advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management and underwriting
- Leverages understanding of current industry standards / environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert; consults on complex issues within their disciplines from an internal perspective
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of industry experience with a background in project management or analytics preferred
- Proficient Computer Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Advanced knowledge of data sources
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.