Online Service Product Owner
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstates Online Service team leads the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of our consumer-facing websites, such as the My Account website. My Account is Allstates consumer self-service website, which enables customers to interact with Allstate from their Internet-enabled desktops, tablets and mobile devices. The team focuses on meeting consumers needs by enabling self-service, deepening customer engagement, and promoting product growth by leading the development of solutions for consumer self-service applications and emerging technologies that support the Allstate brand and prominently feature Allstate Agencies. The team, within Digital and User Experience, also serves as an enterprise resource in the areas of digital engagement and online consumer experience.
The Product Owner serves as the business product team-member working on the day-to-day implementation and development of website applications. He/she will closely partner with other Product Owners, business and technology partners. He/she will be responsible for development backlog creation, backlog prioritization, story writing, user acceptance and delivering business value from website features and improvements.The Product Owner will develop and execute website initiatives and projects, primarily focused on the product lifecycle for Allstate branded website application and other emerging technologies, consistent with business strategies.
The Product Owner will also serve as a team and company resource in the areas of engagement, marketing and online consumer experience.
- Work with the Product Managers to create and manage a consumer-focused product roadmap, making strategic adjustments as needed based on consumer needs, resource allocation, technology delivery and corporate priority.
- Work along side developers, architects, scrummaster, business analyst, user experience, and quality assurance testers to deliver website features that meet business objectives
- Represent the product team in day-to-day agile scrum team meetings including:
- Daily Stand-Ups
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint and Product Integration Planning
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Backlog refinement & grooming sessions
- Product demonstrations
- Designs, implements and performs user acceptance testing on new programs, services and approaches that meet connected consumer needs.
- Builds and maintains close partnerships with other business stakeholders
- Works along side Product Manager to collaborate and contribute on product strategy and strategic decisions.
- Manage analytics and performance reporting.
- Liaison with key members of the marketing organization on communication programs that raise awareness and drive usage of the website self-service channel.
- Analyzing market intelligence, customer research and business results to translate emerging trends into business opportunities, as well as identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies as appropriate.
- Staying abreast of digital media consumption and technology trends and related areas to serve as a subject matter expert and resource to internal stakeholders.
- Cross-functional, individual contributor role that involves presenting the strategic product roadmap to multiple stakeholders, collaborating on features and obtaining buy-in on application design.
- The successful candidate will have at least 3 5 years of relevant website experience
- Familiarity with and affinity for agile development, collaboration and test-and-learn environments
- Passionate about delivering website solutions that exceed expectations.
- Ability to effectively understand data, analyze results, draw insights and conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions in an atmosphere of fact-based decision-making;
- Proven ability to work in collaborative, matrixed environment.
- Proven expertise in marketing, with specific experience in digital marketing, including e-commerce;
- Strong consumer disposition with ability to define and communicate consumer-centric business requirements to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences;
- Solid product/service development experience;
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to achieving business results;
- Multi-channel experience is desired
Other skills required:
- Understanding of technology and emerging website capabilities
- Team player who can blend business and technology
- Rich proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.