Claims Analyst - Homeowners Property
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Claims department with IAT has an immediate opening for a Homeowners Property Claims Analyst in our Naperville, Illinois, Omaha, Nebraska or Raleigh, North Carolina location. The Claims Analyst is responsible for investigating the extent of the company's liability and will be responsible for handling property claims that are limited to moderate in exposure, from inception until conclusion of the claim.
- Handles claims, limited to moderate in scope, relative to Homeowners property based on Claims Guidelines.
- Presents case to Sr. Management for reserving, trial, direction, as required by Claims Guidelines
- Perform CAT duty as needed that will require occasionally working weekend hours, overnight hours, holiday hours (Federal and religious), etc.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data where answers can be readily obtained.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claims Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree with 2 years of relevant homeowner’s property claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 6+ years of relevant homeowner’s property claims experience.
- Homeowner’s claims adjusting or examining experience is a must
- Field adjusting experience preferred.
- Must have good estimating skills and be proficient with Xactimate.
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel.
- Licensure as required by respective state(s).
- CPCU and other insurance related studies are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze date, utilize sound judgment to draw conclusion and make supported decisions.
- Knowledge of various property insurance coverages and forms.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now, or in the future.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
Apply for Claims Analyst - Homeowners Property
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly