Senior Analyst, Corporate Analytics
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Senior Analyst, Corporate Analytics is a critical role within the Corporate Analytics team. This individual will be responsible for providing analytical support to multiple functional areas, and act as the subject-matter expert within specific assignments. In-depth data analysis will be utilized to gain key business insights. The successful candidate will be able to grasp the big picture, leverage advanced technical skills to mine large data sets, and return actionable insights to business partners. Effective communication skills are critical, as the senior analyst will be responsible for presenting findings to technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Direct to Consumer Marketing Measure and analyze effectiveness of marketing across all of our Direct to Consumer Marketing channels. Develop MVT Models to improve marketing programs.
- Call Center Provide reporting and analytical support to our customer service and direct sales call center operations.
- Sales Incentives/Analysis For internal sales reps, determine the optimal amount paid to maximize sales while minimizing expense.
- CRM/Customer database Mine the data in our agency management system to look for cross sell opportunities.Position
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or higher degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, or related field.
- Experience querying large relational databases using SAS and SQL.
- Creating dashboards/reports using Microsoft SSRS.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with coworkers across all levels of the organization.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (e.g. developing pivot tables, linking to external data, automating with VBA, etc.).
- Experience designing and manipulating large datasets across multiple database platforms.
- Demonstrated experience using advanced programming techniques to efficiently meet project goals.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in data mining/manipulation/transformation.
- Requires strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take on responsibility and work well under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently, and have the tenacity to research and overcome problems.
- Able to clearly articulate findings and comfortable presenting results to management.
- Experience working in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.