Artificial Intelligence Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Seasoned research analyst, with experience in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and mathematical-statistics modeling, to work and grow with its analytics- and market-driven insurance business. This professional will apply his or her analytical, programming and business knowledge and skills, collaborating with other analysts and business leaders to complete complex projects and solve challenging problems integral to research and development of insurance products and management of those products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Execute analytic projects designing, creating and innovating to meet Product Development and Analytics goals
- Implement artificial intelligence and machine learning methods in combination with explanatory econometrics and statistics
- Build, maintain and adjust predictive models
- Support development and sound implementation of models of pricing, conversion, retention, etc.
- Employ programming techniques efficiently and soundly
- Develop and use large datasets across multiple platforms
- Communicate with fellow team-members across functions
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Demonstrated artificial intelligence, machine learning, mathematical and statistical modeling knowledge and skill
- Experience using 4 or more modeling techniques such as the following: OLS, logistic regression, GLM, credit scoring, tree-based methods, time-series and forecasting, survival analysis, neural networks, nonlinear support vector machines, association rule learning, principle components analysis, K-means clustering, k-nearest neighbor classifiers
- Well-developed programming skills specifically in SAS or SQL and other packages with statistical and machine learning application, e.g. R, SPSS, Python
- Detail orientation with discipline and commitment to excellent results
- Research / R&D project management and coordination skills
- Inter-personal and leadership skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity with ambition and will to learn, develop, and grow professionally within a complex and interesting business.
- Comfortable in Windows and Unix-type environments.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Graduate degree or equivalent in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, operations research, computer science or other quantitative field
- 7+ years overall experience in with at least 4 comprised of an analytical role
- Insurance industry background and knowledge, especially auto insurance
- Understanding of insurance product design and rating algorithms
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.