Our Associate Risk Management Consultant provides risk management services that focus on supporting the Workers Compensation and Property Casualty strategies that align with the companys financial goals.
Our Associate Risk Management Consultants are the future of our workforce. Consultants in our trainee program have the opportunity to gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience, while developing specialized knowledge through insurance specific education.
This employee will work remotely from anywhere in the Southern California region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Trains with Risk Management Consultants to provide risk assessment services for workers compensation/property casualty clients and business partners.
- Learns how to identify workplace safety exposures, investigate cause/effect of losses, and review, develop hazard/safety management programs.
- Assists consultants in providing safety training and education to clients, and will learn how to conduct an accident investigation.
- Communicates with Underwriting, Claims, Agent/Producers, and peers to discuss insurance industry issues and safety services.
- Conduct in-house seminars and technical talks for Underwriting.
- Learn to conduct office ergonomic assessments.
- At the completion of the training program, Associate will be able to service small to medium size accounts and have a basic knowledge and understanding of OSHA, NIOSH, NFPA and other relevant safety standards.
Continually upgrades knowledge and expertise as to the latest loss control techniques via schooling, seminars and loss control orientated organizations
- Successfully completes INS 21, 22, 23 in the first year of the program.
- Successfully completes College program to earn Safety and Health certification, and continuously works toward additional safety and health designations, including ARM, COSS, CHCM, ASP or CSP.
- After training demonstrates basic understanding of safety and OSHA standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Bachelors degree or equivalent from a 4 year college preferred. This position is designed to train an employee with little or no safety/insurance experience. No certifications required at this time, but Associate will be required to continuously enroll in safety classes/course work to promote and further their education. Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication skills (verbal & written). Commitment to continuing safety education, safety-related class work, seminars and training completed annually. Superior organizational, time management and customer service skills. Proficiency related to PC and Software or systems; Microsoft Word 2003; Excel; PowerPoint; Microsoft Outlook. Requires minimal to moderate level of car travel. Ability to effectively present information in English and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read and write in English. Ability to interpret professional journals, or governmental regulations. Bi-lingual capabilities are a plus.
This position consists of 50% field work (OJT with senior level consultants); 30% education/school work, and 20% office work. Position requires visits to client's locations where meetings are held, tours made of the premises are given and testing is performed or witnessed. Routine travel by auto and periodic overnight travel involving both auto and air. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a variety of industrial equipment, personnel, materials and operations, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. There is the potential for exposure to environmental hazards. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places. Employee may be required to climb ladders or fixed stairs to elevated or depressed levels at risk sites or construction sites. The noise level in the work environment varies depending on the nature of the insured's operations. The noise level can range from minimal to very loud. Employee must wear various Personal Protective Equipment such as: hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and/ or respirators in dust producing operations as needed for the specific hazards at the locations.