Systems Engineer (Financial Applications)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
You are a passionate Sr. Applications Engineer - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
The Sr. Financial Applications Engineer (Sr. Software Engineer) will perform consistently in providing support to the FELITA systems data and applications, performing technical activities related to the database SQL efficiency and tuning, application migration and build of all components of the application including .NET code, SQL server packages, database changes and reports across the development landscape. This person also collaborates, influences and communicates with the developers, Global Technology, Quality Assurant, BA and Change management through the projects and support lifecycles.
- Provide Full Infrastructure/Application support on the Sunsystems ERP Financial Application
- Responsible for migrating all components of the application including .NET code, SQL server packages, database changes and reports across the development landscape (Test, Model & Production)
- Administering the change process of auditing, reconciling, & recording dependency on all release components
- Administer and maintain source control system: include creation of branches and performing code merge
- Create, maintain and enhance automated application build processes
- Responsible for coordinating migration of any technical configuration related to the releases
- Ensuring accurate, timely and controlled migration to all environments
- Works with Global Technology change management for release schedule coordination and problem communication, as well as integration with operational planning and project management
- Administer the Team Foundation Server (TFS) for the team applications including creating and maintaining the User Story in TFS for every business requirement - defect, maintenance or projects and ensure they all have an associated PPM# and HPSD#
- Create and Maintain Change Request (CC), Request for Change (RFC) and relevant Work Orders (WO)
- Validate the RFC and related WOs by ensuring supporting mandatory documentation is attached at various stages of the RFC and WO during their life cycle
- Acquiring needed approvals on the User Story, RFC and WOs during the relevant stage to ensure successful release
- Works with Global Technology, Countries local IT and other groups as needed to facilitate the application setup, migrations and database optimization
- Experience on WEB application optimization and load balancing methods and process
- Review and tune SQL code for the database
- Recommend database optimization and efficiency
- Review and approved database design and modeling
- Excellent communication and collaboration skill sets
- The role entails being a core member of the web application development team, helping to plan, implement and maintain a wide range of in house developed and Third Party applications on the SQL Server database platform
- Good general-purpose web-application performance analysis and scalability planning skills are highly desirable
- Has technical knowledge which enables support to developers technical approaches
- Monitors and in some cases Installs Web-based (in house developed/Third Party) applications, Web-based information services, or Web-based research tools
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains (in house developed/Third Party) software to ensure the availability and functionality of the systems
- Determines organization of data in the database and provides guidance and direction for optimum application performance. Oversees the applications to ensure SQL query efficiencies, monitors applications to maintain the integrity and over all SLAs are exceeded
- Maintains functional knowledge of the data itself. Manipulates and maintains the data as necessary to meet user and (Third Party) system requirements. Creates and loads data for development, testing, and model environments. Extracts, transfers, and loads data as necessary to maintain the system and interface to other systems. Improves data quality through the implementation of data codification, data cleansing, and data filtering
- May lead collaborative troubleshooting effort, deployment task, or project initiative that requires enlisting and coordinating assistance from IT personnel
- Provide input to management on budgetary impact of projects
- Maintain and manage Team SharePoint Site, making sure documentation is being stored accordingly
- 3+ years of experience supporting third party application infrastructure, including experience with Load Balancing, IIS server configuration and Disaster Recovery
- 4+ years of experience with managing MS Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL
- 2+ years of experience utilizing code migration tools such as Octopus
- 3 years of experience working with INFORs SunSystems ERP system, Oracles Financials or PeopleSoft ERP.
- 4 years of experience with Team Foundation Server
- 5 years of experience defining and executing release process activities including: plan, build and configuration, test, implementation preparation and communication, and review
- 3 years of experience developing, documenting and implementing quality assurance and internal control processes in support of system development life cycle, change control, configuration management, and measurements to achieve service level agreements
- Process development experience with full scope of documentation, release planning, training, and monitoring for effectiveness
- Bachelors degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- ITIL Practitioner certification
- Program / Project management certification
- Understanding of release, change, and project management principles and methodologies.
- Strong functional business process background in quality
- Strong skills in oral and written communication, problem solving, analyzing, and leadership
- Ability to understand multiple infrastructure environments for release coordination
- Strong attention to detail and ability to independently analyze business needs and impact of a change to the production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with on-site and remote project managers, business partners, developers, architects, and QA analysts.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to advocate and educate the benefits of process within the organization.
- Experience working in a Technology including .NET, SQL Server, and IIS
- Experience with Octopus release software