Technical Engineer II - Conan
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The technical engineer II should have at least 2 years of experience in enterprise software development. They should be able to learn new languages and techniques, problem-solve, and build new tools to support Broadspires management, Analytics team and clients with a focus on improving client outcomes, strengthening client relationships, improving visibility for claim managers and improving claim quality and processes.
- Strong ability to independently design new and differentiated solutions for clients and internal users
- Strong problem solving, diagnostic and trouble shooting skills
- Focused on good customer service to clients, both internal and external
- Works to continually automate whenever possible, leading to less manual work for the team and for end users.
- Data exploration and analysis
- Supports the database infrastructures that underlies analytical tools.
- Works on analytics reporting infrastructure
- Web development: emphasis on tools deployment/delivery via web sites
- Performs data manipulation and ETL and maintains data pipelines to supply all our deliverables and products
- Observes proper processes and procedures
- Contributes to process improvement, proposing and arguing for changes in a collaborative, team-based approach
- Documents work and processes and helps train others on work and processes as needed
- Informal mentoring and help for junior team members
- Other technical tasks as assigned
- Develops conclusions and recommendations based on analysis. Participates in the preparation and presentation of results.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- Bachelors degree required. Degree in Science, Math, Economics, Finance, Business, Risk Management or related field strongly preferred.
- Looking for education in both quantitative and qualitative areas, critical thinking, and communication.
- Drivers License
- Willingness to travel an average of 1 night per month
- Ability to analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Significant, sustained experience in web programming, of either a client-based framework or server-side
- Significant, sustained experience in overall enterprise application development
- Experience with statistics and predictive modeling is a strong plus
- Experience with modern application development tools and approaches (examples source control via Git and Agile methodologies)
- Powershell or equivalent scripting experience a plus
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience with at least one of Java, Python, C# or equivalent. One language should have multiple years of in-depth experience
- Capable of quickly learning new tools
- Understanding of the scientific method
- Excellent logic
- Familiarity with statistics
- Focused on solutions, good at overcoming problems: employee continually applies creativity and a disciplined approach to overcoming problems and road blocks
- Highly organized thinking, writing and presenting
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.