Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under direct supervision, the Business Systems Specialist is responsible for/involved in specific aspects of a system, product or capability. May include: evaluation of system enhancement requests, requirements development and documentation, testing and implementation; production support/troubleshooting, maintenance of system documentation, training, responding to customer concerns and communicating results. The Business Systems Specialist possesses knowledge of a particular business capability, product, and/or system domain. May specialize in a particular tool or skill. This job does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Production support/troubleshooting: Assists in troubleshooting and defect resolution of assigned tasks. May include requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket management. Effectively communicates status of enhancements, change requests and defects. May execute change, defect and enhancement request process.
* Documentation and Training: Maintains documentation of current state systems and processes. May assist in development of training materials and business implementation/transition activities. Evaluates requests for projects and enhancements. May make recommendations for operational process improvements and/or system enhancements. Assists in eliciting, documenting and validating requirements for change requests and enhancements to capabilities, products or systems. Helps identify appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions. Utilizes business and system knowledge to support business needs. Applies knowledge of a particular business capability, product and/or system domain to assess and communicate impacts of changes to current state business process, products, data, feeds and systems.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
* Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
* One year of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
* Business Perspective (Basic): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
* Technology (Basic): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
* Analytical Thinking (Introductory): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
* Relationship Management (Introductory): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
* Communication (Introductory): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
* Facilitation (Introductory): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
* Teamwork (Introductory): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
* Conflict Management (Introductory): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
* Change Management / Resilience (Basic): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE