Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The primary function of this position is to lead AWS Infrastructure initiatives in Personal Lines and will to contribute in creating service architectures, providing oversight for technical components and creating technical roadmaps for services. The individual will be responsible for the design, strategy, application architecture patterns and standards of various mid-range systems such as load balancing, virtualization, storage and other data center technologies and services that produce value for the corporation while leading and mentoring throughout the organization.
- Design of Cloud environments with a focus on AWS and AZURE and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Delivery of Cloud Strategies, aligned with business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure or AWS within in large regulated enterprise environments.
- Nurture Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology preferred
- Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Togaf certification desired
- 10 or more years of IT experience preferred with a minimum of 5 years as a cloud consultant.
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Knowledge of further Cloud technologies (Azure, S3, VMware)
- 4+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on AWS, Cloud Foundry, cloud, server, storage and networking.
- 10+ years' experience with Server Operating Systems
- 4+ years' experience with .NET, Java, J2EE
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE