Claims Analyst – Bodily Injury
IAT has an immediate need for a Bodily Injury Claims Analyst in our Omaha, Nebraska location. The position is responsible for the handling of bodily injury liability claims, most often under a commercial general liability policy. The Claims Analyst handles both litigated and non-litigated claims. The Claims Analyst will evaluate coverage, assess our insured’s liability, and attempt resolution with claimants and with plaintiffs’ attorneys.
- Handles moderate to complex exposure claims involving Bodily Injury, based on Claim Guidelines.
- Presents case to Sr. Management for reserving, trial, direction, as required by Claim Guidelines. Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to coverage letters, to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Travel as required to handle catastrophic claims, attend mediations, settlement conferences, administrative hearings and trials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of relevant claims experience with claims or equivalent work experience (JD preferred).
- Equivalent experience would be 6 years’ experience handling Bodily Injury claims or an individual that has a JD.
- Must have experience handling litigated claims.
- Law degree would also be considered equivalent experience.
- Experience handling Bodily Injury claims is a must.
- Partial completion of AIC, CPCU, or other similar program preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to obtain non-resident adjuster licensing in applicable states
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.