Claim Adjuster Sr. Workers Compensation
State Auto Insurance Company is transforming the workers’ compensation system with highly innovative programs that dramatically reduce employers’ costs. We are an industry leader in providing integrated disability and productivity solutions. We offer our services to guaranteed cost customers.
If you desire to work for a leader in workers’ compensation claims management, then we have an opportunity for you as a CARE Associate Senior in our Bloomington, MN office.
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Act in accordance with State Auto’s vision, mission and values.
- Provide and ensure accurate and timely management of lost time, high risk and catastrophic workers compensation claims.
- Work towards resolution and closure while providing superior service to our customers.
- Have experience with litigation, claim settlement and reserving.
- Have knowledge of medical terminology, treatments and severity of various medical injuries.
- The ability to make decisions, work independently and be resilient.
- A minimum of 3-years workers compensation adjuster experience with an insurance company or a private workers compensation vendor.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Multi-state experience is a plus.
- Obtain all required adjuster licensure within 180 days of employment.
Communication and Collaboration Skills:
- Professional oral and written communication skills are critical to the success of this position. All claims service must be handled with tact, diplomacy, and courtesy at all times.
- Must be able to collaborate and develop strong team relationships with associates from within and outside the Claims Department.
Customer-centric with exceptional customer service skills.
Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of insurance policies and endorsements, as well as the ability to understand complex documents, contracts, and other legal documents.
Gather facts and draw conclusions, interpret complex requirements/issues and work independently. The individual must be able to identify and implement key opportunities while researching potential solutions.
State Auto Values:
Must be willing to work by the "values" established by State Auto.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions, we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.