Are you looking for a challenging and engaging career? Are you driven to achieve incredible feats of growth in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company? Then we want to talk to you!
Windhaven has been one of the fastest growing auto insurers in the U.S. and we’ve had such success because we’re not your typical insurance carrier. We are disruptive innovators. With technology and data as our weapons, we have fought to become an industry leader. Working in Windhaven’s legal department allows you to tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. At Windhaven we lead with legal and we are looking for talented, driven professionals to add to our team.
The Legal Assistant is an extremely detail oriented role in which a successful candidate will perform essential support duties for In-House Attorneys and other members of the Legal department. The Legal Assistant enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; and, supporting attorney's litigation proceedings. There is a strong possibility of advancement within the department after outstanding work.
- Scheduling/Coordinating depositions, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
- Monitoring Calendars and confirming case status with attorney.
- Draft correspondence and basic pleadings (i.e. Notice of Hearings, Subpoenas, Notices of Appearance)
- Preparing documents necessary for attorney appearances.
- Assist Attorneys with trial preparation.
- Clerical and administrative support to the Legal department as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum HS Diploma; Associate degree or higher preferred
- Must have Insurance defense and/or PIP experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a legal assistant required
- Must be able to perform and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of all State and Federal Court Procedures and must have knowledge of county court filing system, as well as rules and procedures
- Experience in schedule and calendaring knowledge
- Attention to detail is essential
- Effective working independently and as part of a team; must be team-oriented
- Attendance and punctuality imperative
- Must be able to multi-task effectively