Lead Application Developer
The Lead Application Developer role is a hands-on technical and supervisory position within the Application Development Group. The Lead Application Developer is responsible for designing, modifying and developing systems using advanced techniques. This includes the ability to analyze current systems to resolve new and/or existing problems. The Developer evaluates technical possibility of proposed system solution, prepares project proposals and develops/modifies systems to meet the business need. This position requires in-depth knowledge and experience in at least one software specialization. The Developer acts as resource for colleagues with less experience and will lead or direct the work of other developers/projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead team development efforts towards successful project delivery, while maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship, as well as identify and encourage growth and improvement within the team.
- Perform all stages of the software development life cycle, self-manage activities on smaller projects and serve as technical lead on small, medium and large projects.
- Collaborate with business users and IT staff to determine best ways to solve business problems.
- Assist management with operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a project manager on initiatives.
Knowledge, technical skills and abilities
- Ability to design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards at a high level in large environments and significant scale.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in the field of computer science or software engineering
- 10+ years equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.