Claims Call Center Specialist I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for providing claim administrative support from initial claim set up through final coverage verification. Service the caller and/or email correspondence with standard claims handling practices to successfully support the claims department to bring an opened claim to conclusion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Handle a high volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and other correspondences from claimants, insurance carriers and lenders
- Process new claims for callers and/or lender contacts
- Identify and assess customer needs to achieve satisfaction and follow-up where needed to ensure resolution
- Communicate vital information or secured paperwork to the handling adjuster or unit management within set time period
- Document all tasks performed on claims utilizing company approved claims activity log
- Analyze policy and track systems to determine coverage for reported dates of loss on submitted lender/borrower claims and outside appraiser inquiries
- Maintain daily production quotas, stringent SLAs and monthly QC goals
- Support Claim Adjusters with miscellaneous coverage related questions
- Identify and locate information and facts which are necessary and relevant for the purposes of evaluating a claim
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Possess experience in the insurance industry or a call-center environment
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Possess skills in effective customer service which includes meeting quality standards for services and satisfying internal and external customers
- Ability to assume a methodical approach to evaluate situations
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced automated production environment
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully perform in a high-energy, dynamic and team-orientated environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a working relationship with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Associates Degree, 2-year college degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 1+ year of experience in insurance, call centers and/or claims
- Possess working knowledge of basic computer hardware, software and database systems
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and policies
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Bilingual (Spanish)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.