Senior Communications Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This role coordinates the administrative functions of the marketing department and will assist in the development, execution, optimization and analysis of marketing activities. The coordinator will play a key role in helping the marketing department reach its key goals and deliverables. Additionally, this position will coordinate communication and interaction with other departments. Candidates must possess exceptional communication skills, be able to multitask at a high level, be highly motivated and dedicated.
- Implement effective and targeted corporate communication strategies for a variety of audiences
- Produces digital content that supports and enhances CIGs business initiatives, such as blogs, contests, photo galleries, videos, info graphics, webinars and podcasts.
- Draft internal communications (memos, newsletters, annual reports, etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for news media, target news media messaging and track results
- Draft guest columns, Op-Eds and other targeted communication for publication.
- Collaborate with internal departments to produce copy for marketing or communication pieces (brochures, mailers, newsletters, etc)
- Draft agent-facing communication
- Track the effectiveness of all communication strategies and report on results
- Assist with planning, staffing and execution of special events.
- Proofread and edit various marketing materials such as emails, postcards, brochures, advertisements, etc. Oversee, coordinate and monitor timelines, editorial calendars and projects for marketing department. Take the lead on meeting set up, agendas, notes, and follow up. Coordinate with key stakeholders in other departments. Ensure regular and timely communication flow between other departments.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write for a variety of media, traditional and digital print, web, social, broadcast.
- Superior spelling, punctuation and grammatical skills.
- Detail-orientated and organized with the ability to manage multiple duties and assignments.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, and be a strong individual contributor to group goals.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed to stay on track with goals and plans.
- Understanding of modern marketing principles and practices and the techniques used in planning, composing, editing and placement of publicity advertising and broadcast materials.
- Familiar with the operation and application of customer relationship management systems.
- Have a growth mindset with the ability to adapt, learn and thrive in a changing industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Understand various communication platforms, audiences and tools.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics, video editing software, analytics tools and social networking platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. A Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations is preferred or equivalent experience. Five plus years experience in a senior level marketing communications role.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
- Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
- Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H