AmTrust Financial Services
Marketing / Communications
The Director, Employee Communications will report to the Chief Communications Officer and will manage key areas of the employee relations program. The successful candidate will work prominently with Human Resources and closely with members of the senior management team to ensure consistent and effective strategic messaging internally.Responsibilities
- Work closely with HR Team and Communications Team to develop and implement internal communications strategies.
- Execute strategic vision, accountable for all internal written communications.
- Responsible for all HR communications including Open Enrollment, Benefits, Wellness, Recruiting, Payroll, etc.
- Strong experience and capability in drafting communications.
- Support Executive Leaderships strategy and help raise awareness of and engagement with the companys vision, mission and core values of the organization.
- Collaborate with HR Leadership, support communications in developing company-wide announcements, team tools, recruiting presentations and senior management messages that reflect the voice and values of the Leadership Team.
- Identify the best tools for internal communications to employees globally, for corporate-wide messages, and best tools for department or business unit specific employees, for targeted messages.
- Oversee communications tools, such as employee newsletter, Intranet, memos and other company-wide channels.
- Establish internal communications calendar.
- Assist in building and executing engagement events and recognition programs.
- Coordinate town hall events, including logistics and leadership presentations.
- Solicit feedback on communications effectiveness, measure message absorption and take steps to adjust messages or channels as needed (e.g. via surveys).
- BS/BA degree in Communications or related field
- Exceptionally strong writing skills with experience writing for various platforms and audiences
- Willingness to travel at times
- Strong communication abilities combined with personal interaction skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience in development and execution of communication strategies in a performance-driven environment
- Flexibility, a sense of humor and adaptability to change.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.