Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Bond & Specialty Insurance Information Technology organization is seeking a talented professional to join our growing organization as a .NET Developer in the Construction Services Program. You will work on a development team following Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) principles and will be responsible for assisting in the development, maintenance, testing and support of Construction applications. This is a permanent position and offers a broad range of career progression. Take the next step up in your career path with this excellent opportunity!
Responsible for system programming and analysis tasks of intermediate complexity within a single system or group of small systems. Responsibilities include performing analysis, design, programming and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a very high degree of accuracy and speed. Performs analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalates appropriately. Builds effective relationships with stakeholders. Utilizes business knowledge to explain technical activities in business terms. Seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities. Performs basic project management responsibilities. Performs basic project management Embracing latest architectural patterns and practices. Opportunities to experiment with newer technologies, pitch innovative ideas for sponsorship Emphasis on continuous improvement and training opportunities.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of programming/development experience preferred.
- .Net (VB and C#) development
- SQL Server development
- Agile development (SAFe, etc.)
- Cloud Foundry (PaaS)
- Mobile development – Responsive designed web sites (Bootstrap/Knockout, Angular2, etc.)
- UI development (HTML5 and CSS)
- Security and performance coding techniques
- Automated code analysis (ReSharper, etc.)
- Multithreaded programming and thread safe development
- Relational database design and SQL queries
- Test Driven Development
- Automated unit testing (NUnit, Jasmine, etc.)
- Web Services (SOAP and REST), WCF
- Java Script / jQuery / Ajax / JSON
- ORM tools (.Net Entity Framework, etc.)
- Dependency injection (Unity Framework, etc.)
- Source code and dependency management (Subversion, GitHub, NuGet, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc.)
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE