Senior Manager Product Operations, Shared Markets
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Shared Markets Team is responsible for the design, development and communication of strategies to optimize expense savings and operational efficiencies. The strategies and tactics these jobs focus on include roles for governance, compliance and analytics.
The Shared Markets Sr. Manager role will communicate business strategies and lead program governance for Allstates relationships to specific programs such as the California Earthquake Authority (CEA) and Allstates Insurance Verification (IV) programs. They will own relationships with the specific programs, multiple state regulatory agencies and industry associations as well as own and govern complex processes designed to ensure compliance and effective reporting, recoupment and verifications. They will represent the Enterprise on governing boards and associations as appropriate to execute upon the business strategy. They work closely with department senior leadership, State Managers and Regional Leadership to communicate operational readiness and execute strategies designed to optimize expense savings and operational efficiencies.
- As a company leader, provide strategic direction to senior leadership and direct reports on specific program issues
- Identifies and integrates the product, pricing, claim, technology, and accounting support necessary to maintain the day to day management and upkeep of the specific programs
- Maintains audit processes to ensure compliance with terms of contract and agreements
- Catalogs operational processes, reviewing and testing processes regularly to ensure they are working effectively according to various state program requirements/agreements, Operations and Accounting Manuals, and regulations
- Serves as the main communication contact for all specific program related matters; provides updates to senior leadership on program status and issues
- Leads efforts across appropriate functions to resolve issues
- Participates with appropriate industry trade groups and serves on boards and committees designed to drive operational efficiencies and expense reductions
- Responsible for understanding and managing all aspects of specific program relationships including, accounting, product knowledge, operational, claims, technology, and customer experience
- Monitors trends and presents information and recommendations that can influence/enhance aspects of the product and the relationship
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 10+ years
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Insurance Acumen and Industry Knowledge
- Advanced ability to work effectively with multiple external governmental agencies and all internal organizational levels.
- Ability to engage and influence others within company and across the industry
- Advanced understanding of Insurance Operations methods and procedures
- Advanced Organization, Project Management and Process Development Skills
- Knowledge of underwriting, pricing, claims, technology and compliance
- Demonstrated success in integrated talent management; performance management, succession management/career development and leadership
- Experience with persuading others or gain acceptance of complex ideas, where difficult but necessary, to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to manage directional decisions for assignment-related activities, resource allocation, HR development/movement and information management
- Ability to develop junior level employees
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Contributes significantly to talent development
- Advanced communication skills including collaboration with multi-disciplinary groups at all organizational levels
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.