AmTrust Financial Services
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Commercial Claims Examiner Construction Defect in either our Concord or Irvine, CA offices. The Commercial Claims Examiner Construction Defect is expected to demonstrate a solid knowledge of claims handling principles and practices for commercial general liability claims. The position requires a strong knowledge of casualty claims handling to include, coverage, liability investigations, damage assessment, negotiation skills and litigation management. Previous experience in construction defect claims and multi state jurisdictions is needed. Independent judgment is required in determining when to consult claims management when confronted with non-routine situations or problems. Solid abilities in the following areas needed:
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Have strong decision-making ability
- Provide a high degree of customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing and changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, organizes time, and balances multiple responsibilities
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Good knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of claims handling experience
- Good knowledge of insurance theory and practices; insurance contracts and their application.
- Litigation Experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.