Premium Auditor - Field
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Field Premium Auditor – Workers Compensation Insurance, Work From Home Opportunity
Patriot National, Inc.
Omaha, Nebraska and surrounding areas
Patriot National, Inc. is actively seeking to hire a Field Premium Auditor to cover Omaha, Nebraska and surrounding areas. As a Premium Auditor you will work in the field meeting with various companies to conduct insurance premium audits. In this position, you will be responsible for a specific geographic territory. This is a work from home opportunity. Qualified applicants should possess prior insurance premium audit experience, as well as a good driving record and the ability to work independently.
Applicants with no premium audit experience who wish to enter the field of premium auditing will be considered for training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducts audit of client’s overall business, substantiating accuracy of policy classifications, exposure base inclusions/exclusions, status of contractors, etc.
2. Conducts interviews with the insured to obtain required information on the operation, business model, and risk analysis. Determines employee job classifications based on role, responsibilities, and exposure to hazards.
3. Compiles and analyzes accounting and operations records for accuracy, including examining and authenticating classifications related data from business records. This includes a visual inspection of the insured’s business.
4. Recognizes and communicates regular and irregular audit findings and financial conditions. Informs corporate investigations and underwriting of questionable operations, including suspected fraud.
6. Stays up to date on trends and developments within specialty area as well as the overall insurance industry.
Education & Experience
1. Minimum one - two years of insurance in premium auditing or related work experience.
2. Willing to train.
3. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or risk management or related work experience.
4. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and experience with internet-based applications.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.