Life Underwriting Automation and Technology Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The role of the Underwriting Automation & Technology Sr. Consultant will be a combination of routine monitoring of the automated underwriting decisions, analyzing cases referred out of the system for possible enhancements based on underwriting guidelines, participating in the business review and support of the new underwriting and new business workbench as well as working with other areas such as Underwriting, Underwriting Research and Policy, Medical and the Technical Underwriting team. Overall, there is a strong focus on Automated Solutions.
- Able to draw conclusions and make recommendations using a combination of relevant facts, observations, and opinions
- Questions and considers implications of decisions and recommendations. (If this, then that . . .)
- Supports the automation of manual processes via requirement gathering, rule specification and development as well as participating in testing the results.
- Analysis of automated underwriting decisions (accept, decline, refer to Underwriter) to confirm automation is providing accurate assessments. Continuous in-depth review of referrals to make recommendations for future enhancements to improve speed to decision, increase the straight-thru decision rate while maintaining good risk selection.
- Reviews projects to evaluate results compared to expectations and provides feedback
- Anticipates future impacts and communicates to eliminate problems before they happen
- Develops strong working understanding of Allstates core systems and the integration between them
- Takes initiative to identify improvement opportunities and acts upon them
- Develops clear and concise written communication
- Determines priorities and works on multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to think well beyond current processes; strive to continuously improve and transform our underwriting and new business process and systems
- Minimum of 7 years life underwriting experience; Bachelors degree preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with individuals from multiple departments
- Good working knowledge of underwriting systems and processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work both individually and as a team to accomplish goals
- Attention to Detail is critical
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.