Vice President of Actuarial Services - Austin, TX
- Career Level
Actuary - Austin, TX
Are you looking for that unique actuarial opportunity as the lead actuary, where you will wear multiple hats and be an integral part with the senior management team?
Our client is a fast growing Property and Casualty Insurance Company in Austin, Texas. As Actuary, you will provide rate making, predictive modeling and analysis services. But this is not strictly a traditional actuarial role. This is a high visibility business function position. A qualified person must embrace change and contribute to the company’s business using data to help shape their decisions. The successful individual will perform actuarial and statistical analysis to support the company’s goals as well as assist in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and models. This person will be responsible for auto product pricing and development, including identifying trends in premiums and losses, recommending rate and coverage changes, and maintaining and updating predictive models.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rate making, and minimal reserving duties
- Assist in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and models using Microsoft Excel, SQL, etc.
- Evaluate and refine data for actuarial analysis
- Provide product management analysis and changes
- Competitor analysis
- Provide input to senior management
- 4-year degree in mathematics, actuarial science, or similar
- 3 years actuarial experience in P&C Insurance, preferably in personal auto
- ACAS or near achieving ACAS designation
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- Ability to use advanced spreadsheets and database techniques to analyze and design reports and program queries
- Effective communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Job 4432.
Apply for Vice President of Actuarial Services - Austin, TX
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly