Claims Adjuster - Commercial Auto - Senior
Prior commercial auto liability claims handling. Ability to obtain licensing in all states. 4 year degree preferably. Handle commercial auto claims in the southeast.
- Identify, analyze, and confirm coverage.
- Contact appropriate parties and providers to determine liability, compensability, negligence and subrogation potential.
- Contact appropriate parties to obtain any needed information and explain benefits as appropriate.
- Continue contact throughout the life of the file as appropriate.
- Answer phones, check voice mail regularly, and return calls as needed.
- Assist with training/mentoring of Claims Adjusters.
- Assist management when required with projects or leadership as requested.
- Handle the various duties/responsibilities of the Assistant Unit Manager/Unit Manager as delegated in their absence.
- Refer all files identified with subrogation potential to the subrogation department. Investigation
- Verify facts of loss and pertinent claims facts such as employment, wages, or damages and establish disability with treating physicians as appropriate.
- Identify cases for settlement.
- Evaluate claims and request authority no later than 30 days prior to mediation date and negotiate settlement.