The Property Adjuster will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of property claims, including lightening, contents, theft, water, wind and other desk handled claims. Responsibilities include:
- Providing a high level of technical expertise with exceptional customer service, a thorough analysis of coverage, and use and control of experts.
- Will assist in completion of contents adjustment or development of appropriate contents vendor.
- Must be able to maintain constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives, and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in handling property litigation is a plus.
Other specialized requirements:
- Experience within a carrier setting ideal but not required.
- The candidate should have experience with daily claims adjusting.
- Candidates should have experience with the various forms of property policies (HO3, HO4, HO6).
- Must have a general understanding of applicable statutes, building codes, regulations and case law.
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Proficiency in claims systems (i.e. Xactimate) is a plus.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information, and strong negotiation skills for work with attorneys, public adjusters, claimants, and first party insureds.
- Must have solid technical skills in claims handling matters.
Type of Degree Required:
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
Years of previous experience necessary to complete job:
Type of License/Certifications required:
Florida Adjusters License