Senior Claims Specialist - Commercial Auto
IAT has an immediate opening for a Senior Commercial Auto Claims Specialist that would be handling claims for our commercial, long-haul trucking claims covering the entire United States. This role can be located in our soon-to-open location in Orange County. As such, this role will be remote until the office has been procured.
The Senior Claim Specialist is responsible for investigating the extent of the company's liability and will be responsible for claims inception until conclusion of the claim, which could include litigation cases.
- Handles complex exposure claims relative to commercial trucking, based on Claim Guidelines.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred with 10 years’ of relevant claims experience related to commercial auto or equivalent.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 14 years of relevant claims experience.
- Commercial auto claims handling experience is a must.
- General Liability experience is a preferable.
- Multiple years of experience handling commercial trucking claims preferred
- Litigation Management experience is a must
- Must have experience handling 3rd party claims.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.