Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown of Oregon, LLC. is seeking a knowledgeable Marketing Analyst to join our team! The primary responsibility of this role is to gather and analyze market options on behalf of the Commercial Lines department. Our team will rely on you to use gathered to provide creative coverage strategies, that will lead to the production of new and renewal business.
The selected candidate will further be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the marketing process for an account from the initial submission to the carriers, through the binding of coverage. To facilitate the successful placement of our clients' insurance programs, Marketing Analyst must have the ability to using independent direction and/or otherwise established guidelines to make decisions regarding strategy and problem-solving.
- Determine the appropriate markets to be approached for assigned accounts
- Directly assist executives and producers in market selections
- Obtain and analyze quotations and declinations from various insurance companies
- Negotiate pricing and coverage terms
- Identify coverage discrepancies/differences between carrier options
- Prepare high quality and accurate proposals for presentations
- Monitor, identify, and develop new methods, new markets, and new opportunities
- Current Property & Casualty Insurance license for the State of Oregon
- High school diploma
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft suite - Windows, Word, and Excel
- Ability to demonstrate clear knowledge of commercial insurance coverage and standard industry offerings
- Familiarity with the appetite, coverage, programs, and guidelines of property & casualty insurance carriers
- AMS360 experience or skills to learn software program at an accelerated ability
- Superior negotiation skills
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building abilities
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Marketing Analyst - Commercial Insurance - Portland, OR
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly