Claims Adjuster - Commercial Auto / Subrogation
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We have a new Temp to Perm position open in the Maryland Heights / St. Louis area for the following:
- Commercial Auto Liability Claims Adjuster with Subrogation experience.
- General Liability Claims experience and Licenses would be a plus.
Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles less complex claims with moderate supervision and includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves. Incumbents at this level typically hold claims reserve and settlement authority of up to $5,000 liability and/or $10,000 workers compensation or greater.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commercial Auto / Subro Claims Adjuster exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Commercial Auto / Subro Claims Adjuster interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Commercial Auto / Subro Claims Adjuster handles claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Commercial Auto / Subro Claims Adjuster documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Incumbents at this level should be able to work at full case load capacity
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years related claims experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business software.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Work Traits:
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Commercial Auto / Subrogation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly