Claims Manager - Workers Compensation
To manage the technical and operational functions within assigned office(s) including compliance with company standards and industry best practices; to ensure consistent delivery of quality services; to be responsible for staffing and training needs; and to be responsible for budget preparation and profit and loss management. Has direct responsibility for 25-49 colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager is responsible for overall operational management for assigned locations/offices.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager establishes policy and procedure to assure compliance to best practices, claims management services standards, state regulations and client service requirements.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager establishes business plan with goal and objectives for the partnership and assigned locations/offices.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager monitors management reports relating to the partnership/office performance.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager assists with the coordination of sales and client service efforts.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Workers Compensation Claims Manager provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
- Education & Licensing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required.
- Eight (8) years claims management experience including two (2) years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required.