Business Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE EXPERIENCE!
Summary: The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the successful implementation and operational effectiveness of several critical technology initiatives, including web-based P&C insurance portal(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with business representative(s) to develop and write detailed system requirements and interact with development and testing staff to ensure clear understanding of requirements
- As part of a Project Team, provide overall communication and direction to development and QA teams to ensure successful completion of the project(s)
- Participate and/or lead preliminary testing of software / programs prior to turning over for UAT. Throughout the testing phases, the Sr. Business Analyst must ensure committed timelines are communicated and adhered to; escalating to the IT Director as needed
- Thorough understanding of multiple approaches to software development lifecycle with demonstrated successful experience operating in both agile and scrum methodologies
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to obtain additional information during system development and evaluate alternatives.
Senior Business Systems Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field.
- The Sr. Business Analyst must have deep knowledge and experience in commercial insurance and demonstrated success in leading application, specifically, web development projects. P&C insurance portals a plus.
- Advanced software skills in the Microsoft Office suite including Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.) Project, Visio, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of XML, java, HTML, APIs, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms. Creating, maintaining and updating process documentation, business requirements documentation, etc. are of utmost importance in this role.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
Expertise designing, implementing, modifying, (e.g. Six Sigma) processes and proven ability to influence behavior without having reporting authority.
Apply for Business Systems Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly