Business Systems Analyst
MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE EXPERIENCE!
Summary: The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the successful implementation and operational effectiveness of several critical technology initiatives, including web-based P&C insurance portal(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with business representative(s) to develop and write detailed system requirements and interact with development and testing staff to ensure clear understanding of requirements
- As part of a Project Team, provide overall communication and direction to development and QA teams to ensure successful completion of the project(s)
- Participate and/or lead preliminary testing of software / programs prior to turning over for UAT. Throughout the testing phases, the Sr. Business Analyst must ensure committed timelines are communicated and adhered to; escalating to the IT Director as needed
- Thorough understanding of multiple approaches to software development lifecycle with demonstrated successful experience operating in both agile and scrum methodologies
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to obtain additional information during system development and evaluate alternatives.
Senior Business Systems Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field.
- The Sr. Business Analyst must have deep knowledge and experience in commercial insurance and demonstrated success in leading application, specifically, web development projects. P&C insurance portals a plus.
- Advanced software skills in the Microsoft Office suite including Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.) Project, Visio, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of XML, java, HTML, APIs, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms. Creating, maintaining and updating process documentation, business requirements documentation, etc. are of utmost importance in this role.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
Expertise designing, implementing, modifying, (e.g. Six Sigma) processes and proven ability to influence behavior without having reporting authority.