Commercial Property Adjuster
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. is a diversified specialty property/casualty insurer with offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Hallmark markets, underwrites and services approximately half a billion dollars annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
Summary: Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and resolves claims of moderate to severe complexity through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insured’s and claimants in accordance with established procedures and state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties assigned as needed.
- Investigate claims and interpret coverage for multiple lines of coverage in multiple state jurisdictions.
- Assess and negotiate claims by gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiate the settlement of 1st and 3rd party claims with insured, claimants and attorneys.
- Prepare Large Loss Reports for distribution to senior management and reinsurers.
- Pays claimant amount due according to settlement agreement and company procedures.
- Identify subrogation and deductible recoveries to refer to subrogation unit.
- Assign and monitor outside adjusters and attorneys as needed.
- Handle all claim files according to company procedure.
- Contact insured & claimants by telephone within 24 hrs of receipt of claim.
- Diary system to review claims every 30 days.
- Maintain adjuster license in assigned territories.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve, working closely with others to coordinate and complete projects.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations