Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Marketing Representative to join our team.
The position requires the person to:
- Travel regularly to agencies throughout assigned territory to generate business, conduct training, and perform all essential marketing functions.
- Communicate marketing plans to agents to ensure the expanded use of Company products and services that will provide profitable growth.
- Assist agents’ advertising and promotion activities.
- Prospect and recommend the appointment of new agencies.
- Prepare daily marketing activity reports for management.
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make sound decisions.
- Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
- Communicate with company associates, independent agents, CSRs and other insurance service organizations effectively and clearly.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent insurance industry experience
- A minimum of 3 years of property/casualty insurance experience with personal and commercial line coverages
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
- Above-average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is over $6 billion, and we are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully funded pension plan (once vested) and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time and sick leave.