VP of Claim Operations
- Career Level
Cross Country Adjusting, a national insurance adjusting firm, is searching for an experienced VP of Claim Operations to join our team in Charlotte, N.C.
As we continue to expand, the number of clients who place their trust in us will only grow as well. This presents us with a question: How can we ensure that we provide the same exceptional service while continuing to grow? That’s where you come in.
The VP of Claim Operations will oversee, supervise, and coordinate the activities of assigned staff, vendors, service providers, and other resources essential for claim operations. The individual will be responsible for supervising the Claims Department, which includes managing the investigation, negotiation, and settlement of complex losses on both daily claims and CAT assignments.This individual MUST HAVE a claims field adjuster background with a high level of estimating experience and field service work including CAT assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the Catastrophe Management Plan.
- Preliminarily select, vet, and recommend related staff, temporary staff, vendors, services, and other resources as needed.
- Manage the claims environment work flow and explore technological methods to increase efficiency and improve customer service.
- Provide claims response report updates to Senior Leadership on a defined schedule.
- Complete an annual review on adjuster performance to increase productivity and meet customer service levels.
- Maintain existing adjuster relationships and identify new adjuster talent.
- Provide overall management of a catastrophic event.
- Monitor service and production results versus goals during an event.
- Identify areas of opportunity and offer action plans to resolve issues related to the claim functions.
- Manage staff, management and vendor development, coordinating needs with training or conducting training as needed related to claim handling operations.
- Directly manage claim files with a specified level of exposure or as directed.
- Ensure that staff and vendors adhere to our Quality Control and Quality Assurance goals.
- Manage performance of staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers, and other resources, and ensure that company objectives are met.
- Study and standardize guidelines to improve efficiency of staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers, and other resources.
- Assign duties and examine work for quality and conformance to guidelines.
- Maintain harmony among staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers, and other resources, and resolves grievances.
- Communicate effectively with their staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers, other resources, and others.
- Work with staff to develop career path and goals.
- Respond to customer, agency, and regulatory issues.
- Operate in accordance with applicable State Statutes as well as all other relevant laws, rules, etc.
- College degree (four-year college/university preferred) or equivalent professional education and experience combined; 8-10 years’ related adjusting experience, field adjusting and catastrophe field adjusting IS REQUIRED.. Five or more years’ supervisory or management experience in claims either at the IA level or carrier level is prefferred.
- 10 years of commercial and personal lines property field experience preferred.
- 5 years of catastrophe claims experience.
- Proven record of effective management experience with either a carrier and/or an independent adjusting company.
- Knowledge of insurance policies, theories, and practices.
- Former leadership or management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Symbility and/or Xactimate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyze staffing and resource needs.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement &/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to multitask and plan ahead in an organized fashion.
- Ability to foresee obstacles and adjust plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively manage team members.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends during an event.
At Cross Country, we value hard work, innovation, and superior customer service above all else, and we know that it is our job to reward hard work. When you join our team, you can expect:
- A competitive starting salary with annual merit reviews and possible increases and bonus opportunities.
- PTO and paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Business casual dress.
Apply for VP of Claim Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly