If you are team-oriented problem solver who is committed to excellent customer service, you should consider joining Great West Casualty Company as a Commercial Insurance Underwriter. We are seeking an individual who will thrive in a dynamic, team atmosphere and a culture that encourages work-life balance.
In this position you will:
* Directly impact the profitability and success of our business.
* Have autonomy in your work and manage your own book of business in a fast-paced environment.
* Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through your relationship-building skills.
* Demonstrate your experience and expertise by collecting, analyzing, evaluating potential loss hazards, and structuring insurance programs to meet the needs of our insureds.
* Participate in a training program that includes one-on-one mentoring, classroom instruction, and self-study.
Successful candidates will have:
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
* Prior experience in underwriting, finance, or a profession where you built and developed long-term relationships.
* Negotiation skills and the ability to analyze risk.
* The ability to market and sell Great West products and services to insureds as a full partner with agents.
* Experience handling a high-volume workload, making decisions in a fast-paced environment, and prioritizing your own work.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
* A 37.5 hour work week.
* A formal Management Development Program.
* Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
* Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
* Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
* Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company