AmTrust Financial Services
San Francisco, California
Financial Services, Accounting
Growing Insurance Company seeks a Senior Accounting professional to work in the Ceded Reinsurance Department to support variety of reinsurance related activities including (1) statutory accounting, (2) compiling and profiling reinsurance data, (3) reinsurance contract administration and analysis. The position requires thorough understanding of both Statutory and GAAP Accounting Principles and reporting requirements with strong computer skills in Excel, Database tool, General Ledger system. This role is to partner between Finance and Ceded Reinsurance to create core project deliverables in support of the entire organization. This position will report to VP-Finance.Responsibilities
Ongoing Accounting duties
- Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile them with financial reports
- Aggregate and sort collected data to enable Reinsurance team and Accounting unit to quickly query and report certain reinsurance result.
- Work on production issues encountered by the Reinsurance and Finance teams during submission and month and year-end accounting process.
- Support reinsurance strategies and create reinsurance project time-lines and manage projects from initiation through delivery.
- Assist reinsurance accounting units and technology team to help resolve reinsurance issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform account reconciliation for the reinsurance related general ledger accounts
- Prepare account fluctuation analysis and write up.
- Prepare accounting journal entries and perform reinsurance recovery billings and calculate reinsurance cession.
- Assist in preparing quarterly and year-end financial package and filing, such as Schedule F and assist in obtaining the reinsurance collaterals for various legal entities.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or other related field, with at least 8 years of progressively responsible statutory accounting experience.
- Strong business background in one or more of the following areas: Reinsurance, Insurance, Finance. Mat, Statistics or Economics.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Quick learner, with ability to adapt to changing environments and be able to handle multi tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience interviewing business users, writing detailed systems specifications, documenting and defining new business process flows and creating use cases.
- Experience working with development resources to bridge the gap between business needs and technical implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Over-time required at peak periods.
- Some travel is required.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.