AmTrust Financial Services
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for corporate-wide reporting. This includes, but is not limited to reporting of premiums and losses at various levels of detail. This position works with multiple departments throughout the company such as finance, accounting, underwriting, and compliance, as well as, with external partners. These partners include managing general agencies, statistical bureaus, and various state departments of insurance.Responsibilities
In depth knowledge and experience of SQL scripting language of at least version 2000 or better (2008 R2 or better preferred). Examples:
- Know how and when to use all joins (inner, right/left/full outer, cross)
- Know how and when to use cursors and loops
- Know how and when to use various forms of sub-queries and temporary tables
- Ability to new technology and business practices is a must
- Ability to adapt to changes in business requirement and priorities a must
Should have enough exposure to be functional with:
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Strong Ability to use Excel - Pivot Tables, PowerPivot
- Knowledgeable of ETL Practices and Concepts
- Knowledgeable of Transactional and Multi-Dimensional Databases, Data Warehousing, Star and Snowflake Schemas, OLAP Cubes
- Must be self-motivated and to be able take ownership of projects and processes
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry Practices or Financial Reporting a plus.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical skills a plus.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.