Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Effectively manage all assigned First Party Cyber claims of higher severity or complexity. Fulfill Bond & Specialty Insurance ('Bond') Claim's mission by conducting thorough investigation, analysis, evaluation and disposition of claims to achieve superior customer service and claim results at the most reasonable cost. Interact and collaborate with underwriting colleagues as well as with external business associates.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES - CLAIM HANDLING:
1. Within authority limit, thoroughly analyze, investigate, negotiate and resolve moderate severity First Party Cyber claims with moderate supervision by claims management.
2. Make appropriate decisions within own claim authority and make appropriate recommendations to management when necessary.
3. Comply with all policies and procedures, including compliance, regulatory and Bond performance and customer service standards.
4. Be accountable for accurate documentation/information in claim file and Bond Claim Management System (BCMS) and adhere to Claim documentation standards (i.e. coverage analysis, reserve and settlement rationale, current diary).
5. Prepare reports (i.e., Large Loss Memos, quarterly claim, EC, trial, class action) to management which accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues, claim and recovery strategies.
6. Proactively optimize pre-loss recovery opportunities through identification of potential sources of recovery, to include potential responsible party, co-conspirators, beneficiaries and any third parties.
7. Identify all recovery opportunities and coordinate recovery efforts with the Recovery Management Unit and claims management. 8. Within authority limit, retain, monitor, manage and approve payments to outside counsel on routine litigation matters, actively utilizing litigation management plans and budgets. Guidance is needed for non-routine litigation.
9. Within authority limit, make quick, sound decisions and negotiate terms and conditions consistent with Bond standards.
10. Solicit input and guidance from management when resolving claims which are beyond authority level. Communicate reserve adjustments to underwriting.
11. Assist/mentor less experienced colleagues in claim resolutions.
12. Maintain knowledge of coverage, legislative and industry-related initiatives and judicial trends.
13. Recognize issues with broader implications to Bond and Travelers.
14. Represent Management Liability Claim in claim strategic initiatives.
15. Share newsletters, webinar information, case analyses, results of counsel's legal research and/or litigation strategies with underwriting, Claim and Claim management.
RESPONSIBILITIES - LEGAL SUPPORT:
1. Maintain an active license in the state of your principal office location and remain current with all CLE credits.
2. Provide legal support to business partners, including review transactional documents to provide legal advice and risk analysis to business partners., review customer contracts to provide input on legal advice and risk analysis of contract language, and participate in drafting internal topic documents (e.g., white papers, 50 state surveys).
3. Review and analyze Bond forms to provide input on legal advice and risk analysis to underwriting.
4. Provide legal advice on litigation strategies to claim team members.
5. Revise pleadings, motions, briefs, legal documents, correspondence and memoranda to identify and protect the legal interests of Travelers.
6. Research legal issues for business partners and claim team.
7. Maintain current knowledge of relevant legal issues and trends in the management liability market place through review of legal publications.
Bachelors degree required. Juris doctorate degree required. Licensed to practice law in the state in which you will be working.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Law Degree preferred
3 to 5 years of claim handling experience.
Exposure to cyber and data privacy issues
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
COMPETENCIES COMMUNICATION Strong communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive internal and external relationships. Effectively communicates and collaborates with Bond colleagues. Ability to communicate decisions. Assistance is required to deliver more difficult messages. Presents a positive, professional image of the company through demonstrated expertise and knowledge of the company, its products and services. Influences others through sound judgment and decision making. COMPETENCIES LEGAL SUPPORT Strong legal research skills. Effectively articulates legal issues to claim team, business partners and customers. COMPETENCIES TEAMWORK Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and managers within and across organizational lines. Developing ability to build strong teams of internal and external resources that are technically competent and characterized by a high level of coordination and trust to resolve claim matters. Balances individual needs with Business Unit goals and fosters cooperation throughout the team. Works with peers to resolve issues by listening for understanding, discussing all issues related to the situation, and coming to a solution. COMPETENCIES TECHNICAL ABILITY Knowledge of moderately complex claims (e.g. non-routine, multi-party litigation). Assures compliance with litigation management and budgeting plans, including fee audit. Develops claim strategies and implements within limits of authority. Ability to use Bond technology tools proficiently. COMPETENCIES LEADERSHIP Bond and Specialty Insurance Sets clear direction by defining goals and priorities. Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes. Shares success with the team. Professional image. Respect and trust of colleagues. Well organized. Meets deadlines. Consistently demonstrates integrity, initiative and innovation in achieving results. Takes accountability for development Sense of urgency. Self-motivated. COMPETENCIES LEADERSHIP-TRAVELERS LEADING SELF Exhibits Courage, Conviction, and Credibility Takes the lead on unpopular though necessary actions. Acts decisively to tackle difficult problems. Exhibits character through words and deeds, encourage honesty throughout the organization. Is viewed as capable, effective, and able to enlist others. Communicated Effectively and Influences Others Clearly articulates even the most complex concepts so others understand. Influences others without using formal authority. Is open to being influenced to explore new possibilities. Adjusts own style according to the demands of the situation. Applies Critical Thinking Analyzes complex issues and problems then synthesizes information to identify key issues and make decisions. Focuses on the big picture in a complex situation and relies on guiding values and intuition to arrive at the best course of action. Integrates different perspectives and ideas. Demonstrates Self-Awareness Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve with a balance of humility. Seeks and embraces candid feedback with resiliency. Reflects on and learns from experience. Admits mistakes and faults.
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Maintain all necessary active adjusters licenses and remain current with all CE credit requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE