Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position is the primary point of accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the management and implementation of the medium to large size Projects or small to medium sized Programs that support achievement of moderate to complex unit or corporate goals.
- Program Management of Delivery of $1M-$3M Tech Sustainability and Modernization project spend on an annual basis
- Ensure on time and budget delivery, operational readiness including Production KT, and adherence to Enterprise Currency timeliness and standards
- Program Level Management for Non-Discretionary CIO Portfolio via a direct, or matrix, management of team resources. Ensuring quality and successful delivery of $1M-$3M annual program spend.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Director controls planning and execution of the Projects' or Program's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Director operates within defined parameters using a proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals.
The Project Director is the critical interface between the Business and the delivery teams. The management of key stakeholders is critical in order to successfully deliver the portfolio of projects. As such, requirements and key aspects of this role include:
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Work closely with all stakeholders to understand:
- Project requirements
- Develop effective working relationships and on-going management processes for the delivery of the program
- Working with the Project Managers/Scrum Masters/Tech Leaders to help estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies, aligning to the other project plans and external project dependencies
- Develop close working relationships with PIBT Teams (Architecture, Shared Services, Tech Services and Strategy & Delivery) on new developments to continuously improve project delivery in meeting their changing delivery requirements
- Structuring and daily management of project delivery, looking to continuously improve and implement best practices
Program/Project Delivery Management:
- Produce, maintain and manage the roadmap of projects & deliverables, over a rolling 12 month period
- Own overall accountability for the budget management, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits for each Program and Project
- Provide a quality assurance role ensuring that projects are well managed and adhering to appropriate standards and good practice
- Identify and implement new and more efficient ways of working and promote best practices (SAFe/Rally)
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of project management experience preferred. 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project and MS Office Suite
- Understanding of financial management, planning and reporting
- Infrastructure upgrade experience i.e. SQL, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Linux Server, etc.
- Framework upgrade experience i.e. JRE 1.6-1.x, .Net 4.5.2-.Net 4.6.2, etc.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs. Develops both IT and Non-IT Project budgets. Manages against them.
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership skills to manage upwardly to senior executives as well as motivate core team members
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid documentation, management and quality assurance skills
- Team player who is highly committed to achieving results
- A proven strong track record in successfully managing and delivering infrastructure and modernization projects
- Proven track record of successful project delivery ranging in size and complexity, cross platform and cross lines of business
- Proven expertise in managing multi-function, multi-supplier teams to deliver large scale projects successfully (between $1M to $3M per year)
- The ability to communicate at all levels of an organization to the business and IT to influence senior management stakeholders, business owners, Technology Owners
- Develop productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project and ultimately program/project success
- Ability to demonstrate passion, commitment and enthusiasm to drive through change
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE