Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Windows O/S IT manager with design and engineering experience implementing the infrastructure using Windows or Citrix. Experience with group policy management – system design – strong Windows 10 a requirement.
- Strong desktop and process automation experience (Batch, PowerShell, WMI, VBScript, etc.). Experience with endpoint design, software packaging & deployment, security & version patching for applications
- Knowledge of change management procedures and rollout pace.
- Work with team to establishes and maintains system configurations for the SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) environment, including primary and secondary site servers and client end points.
- Recommends SCCM architectural design updates and configuration modifications to enhance security and efficiency. Utilize tools for remote management and support of SCCM client computers.
- Develop and maintain multiple OS images, based on requests from other teams and stake holders.
- Under limited supervision, demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies.
- Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of technology resources for assigned projects and functions. May direct assigned project staff to design, develop and/or implement large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area.
- Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Facilitates and/or participates in the design and development of database systems.
- Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Operates at a strategic level and contributes to the overall direction of the Digital Workforce at Travelers.
The product scope for Digital Workforce includes Win7/10, O365, MS Office, SCCM, App-V, Citrix VDI, Tanium, RES, Digital Cloud Services, and End User Computing client hardware.
This Engineer is also responsible for product management, communications to business units, executives and other technology members and for providing best of breed services and solutions in the organization.
- 9 years of progressive work experience in the technology space preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Leadership experience preferred.
Technical knowledge: Able to demonstrate technical expertise for multiple engineering disciplines. Has solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of various technologies. Able to understand market and industry trends within related technical domains. Possesses strong analytical skills in order to effectively influence recommendations and decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or technical objectives. Fully understands how overall responsibilities fit within broader technical environment and has strong ability to influence technology recommendations for the organization. Communication skills: Strong written and oral communication at all levels, both internally and externally. Expert presentation skills used to influence decisions of leaders. Business knowledge and partnership: Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of business and financial acumen. Able to actively influence customers and business partners to solve problems and ensures products and services are utilized effectively and efficiently. Able to provide solutions tailored to meet business objectives.
Team orientation: As a change agent, leads and welcomes innovative ideas and drives continuous improvement, process improvement, and service optimization. Able to lead effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence Senior Management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Able to balance organizational, team, and individual responsibilities. Leads team to be more balanced and be effective. Able to exhibit object leadership and openness to other views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Able to put success of organization and team above own interest.
Leadership: Accountable to drive cross-functional objectives and priorities and help form a vision for the future. Able to effectively influence across multiple teams, leaders, organizations, and/or enterprise. Able to set broad technical direction and is able to communicate/articulate a clear vision. Able to exhibit team leadership, provides guidance, feedback and coaching to direct reports. Strong ability to influence upward and lead others into 'new' ways of doing things. Responsible for building a fully functioning team, proactively takes initiative to improve team and set high expectations. Able to provide leadership for functional objectives and priorities across multiple technologies, platforms and teams.
Financial awareness: Should be well-versed in how budgets and chargebacks operate as related to designated technical responsibilities. Has budget responsibility for an organizational unit. Works directly with Dedicated Financial Resource (DFR) to account for all fiscal budgeting and expense control for area of responsibility. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness. Able to drive cost-reduction measures through innovation and creative solutions. Able to proactively assess potential financial impacts of decisions across the enterprise and makes recommendations.
Planning and project management: Able to identify critical project tasks, enables points of integration with peer organizations, and establishes clear priorities while keeping the overall organization strategy in mind. Ensures all planning done on the area level is supportive of the business strategic plans. Delegates to maximize organizational effectiveness. Able to manage time and competing priorities. Able to reprioritize per changing business needs and deal with uncertainty. Understands how assigned projects fit within organizational objectives. Assesses and adjusts technical and/or operational direction as needed.
Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in the technology space and a minimum of 4 years of people management experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE