HR Workforce Digital Solutions Product Owner
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Workforce Digital Solutions Team drives the maximization our digital technology investment to deliver a consumer-grade experience adapted to people, roles and personas that provides targeted data to inform business insights and enable decision making.
The Workforce Digital Solutions Product Owner role partners with HR functional leaders and teams of functional analysts, user experience analysts, technical developers, testers, product owners and other technology areas to facilitate and pursue a common vision. Drives business value with a backlog and priorities within scrum methodology to deliver on a minimal viable product aligned with business and HR strategy and vision. Acts as the customer for developer questions. Partners with HR and business stakeholders to plan releases, define scope and accept stories.
- Develops features in collaboration with Product Manager. Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or WDS Manager(s) to uphold business priority and vision.
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria. Ensures that user stories meet Definition of Ready (DoR). Updates user stories in Agile Management Tool
- Manages and prioritizes the program and sprint backlogs continuously (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions)
- Manages features and stories from a customer perspective. Identifies, communicates, and breakdowns features to a Minimum Viable Product
- Stays accountable to clarify and/or review the user stories for the agile team in a timely fashion; empowered to make critical decisions quickly
- Consistently prioritizes user stories based on the big picture
- Readily available for team at all times and participates in all scrum ceremonies
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to accept each user story during sprint.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Leads, manages and collaborates with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for a product(s).
- Assesses value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Band level C1 or greater with a deep understanding of HR systems
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience with technology systems administration, support or development
- Experience with HRIS/HCM technology; SAP/SuccessFactors preferred
- Demonstrated competency of Agile Scrum best practices, methodologies and ceremonies. Understands and upholds the scrum framework and strives for early acceptance of stories
- Proficient in Jira, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and working knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience with large change management efforts preferred
- Able to manage and set expectations with stakeholders, displays strong negotiation skills
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Applied experience developing technology solutions operating within a business or technology role
- Functional knowledge of HR processes and technology, and how people and talent management data is used and integrated
- Prior experience or the ability to work in a complex corporate environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment through collaboration and consultation skills while working with individuals from all backgrounds and organizational levels and across functional areas
- Excellent written and verbal communications; is able to communicate sometimes complex information clearly and logically to a variety of audiences. Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Understand business process integration, design and handoffs
- Deals effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapts appropriately to a range of situations
- Displays self-awareness, collaboration and empathy. Ability to motivate, encourage, influence and empower others.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.